- URGENT! Update your Apple Device Immediately!
- Email Scam - WhatsApp Voicemail Message
- Is Your WIFI Safe?
- Phone Scam: "We've found a problem on your computer."
- Obama Asks FCC to classify Internet as Public Utility
- Apple releases Bash update to plug Shellshock security flaw
- iPhone 6 Bendgate: Overblown according to Consumer Reports
- Google takes one step closer to becoming Big Brother
How to List Your Business on Apple's Maps
"Hey Siri, find me the closest healthy restaurant."
If that is your company, then you want to make sure your customers find you, right? Ever wonder how businesses get listed in Apple Maps? It is very easy, just tell them. Here is how.
- Go to https://mapsconnect.apple.com/. Log in with your Apple ID and password. If you don't have one, you'll need to get one. If you have an iPhone or a relatively new Mac itt is almost impossible that you don't at this point.
- You will first be prompted to do a search to see if your business is already listed. Assuming it isn't, continue to the next step.
- Click link "Add New Business."
- Select your relationship to your business and other basic business details. You must put your correct phone number in. Apple will be calling with a verification code in the following steps. If you are a home based business and you do not want to give your exact address, you are in a bind. Apple is assuming you have a store front and it does require an exact address.
- Get the verification code when Apple calls (within 10 seconds of clicking).
- Confirm location on the map.
- Choose your business categories. You will need to look through all of them to find yours. Some are sub categories are listed within not so obvious choices.
- Select your hours of business.
- Fill in your various social media and website details.